Skip to content

Read more books without cutting down more trees

May 27, 2009

Fiction books on a shelf. Credit: Johnny Greig / Science Photo Library

Fiction books on a shelf. Credit: Johnny Greig / Science Photo Library

I don’t get as much time to read as I used to (or as much as I would like), but I am doing my best to feed my inner bookworm on a 75 per cent recycled diet these days. (The other 25 per cent is taken up with books (usually the new Christopher Brookmyre) to go on birthday/Christmas lists – otherwise lord only knows what my husband would bring home – a new strimmer probably…)
Of course, the reason for my reduced reading time (ie the beloved fruit of my loins) does not greatly enjoy hanging out in secondhand book shops (not yet anyway). So, thank heavens for Green Metropolis.
Green Metropolis lets you buy and sell used books for a fixed price (only postage costs vary to cover for heavier tomes).
It’s wonderful. It has a wish list, so you can request titles and get an email when your desired book comes into stock. I did this for Mrs Palfry at the Claremont and sold it again within hours of reposting after reading and enjoying it.
So, if some reason, your local library doesn’t satisfy your literary needs (and let’s face it, it can’t sell your books for you), sign up to Green Metropolis and read to your heart’s content without having to count the environmental cost.

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: