Skip to content

For those with an Aidan Turner-shaped hole in their life…

April 1, 2011

I know I’m not the only one missing the entirely edible Aidan Turner from my TV screen. No spoilers, but the last ten minutes of the last episode of Being Human had tears pouring down my cheeks. So for my own enjoyment, and that of anyone else with an AidanTurner-shaped hole in their life, here are some lovely images to gaze upon until either a) The Hobbit hits the big screen or b) the Being Human boxset arrives through the post.

Now, I know it’s been quiet around here while I’ve been off dealing with real life (don’t worry, I’m not going to bore you with the details), but some things haven’t changed.

So, there is a price to pay for gazing upon the lovely Aidan. And that is me asking you to do something to make the world a better place.

It seems appropriate to team the fangtastic actor with The National Blood Service.

96% of us rely on the other 4% donating blood. That’s quite a shocking statistic. You don’t need me to tell you that lives are saved everyday by people giving a little time and a little blood. Can you help increase the number of blood donors? It would be an amazing thing if you can.

In England around 8,000 blood transfusions are carried out every day (according to NHS choices) – it’s no wonder the need for donations remains high.

Someone else’s life could be in your hands – especially if you’re O+ O- or a rare blood type (if I’ve remembered my biology correctly – please let me know if I’ve got that the wrong way round).

Why not sign up, lie back and think of Aidan (or load a picture onto your phone and gaze at it while you do your good deed)? It’s no understatement to say you’d be doing something life-changing.

Advertisements
5 Comments leave one →
  1. Mark permalink
    April 4, 2011 12:39 am

    Would love to, but last time I went they couldn’t get the full pint out, despite ramming the needle in extra hard, which was nice…. strongly advised me not to come back until my blood pressure was higher (which I thought was a bad thing, maybe I’m TOO laid back!). Ah well, I tried!

    And…who?

    • April 4, 2011 8:39 am

      You certainly get full marks for effort! Perhaps you should watch all three series of Being Human back to back and then head straight for your local donating point – thus curing you of your low blood pressure (no one could be laid back after that last episode) and leaving you well and truly informed on the Aidan Turner front!

  2. November 24, 2011 9:52 pm

    O RhD neg is the “universal donor” 🙂

  3. Honey c permalink
    February 21, 2012 1:07 am

    O negative is what you want. Peiple with O negative are the universal donors. O positive can go into anyone with a positive Rh factor, but you can NOT put postive blood into a Rh negative person. Still, i think this is a great plug for blood donation! Well done.
    honey, RN, BSN

  4. February 28, 2014 4:58 am

    My God he needs to be in a vampire movie NOW.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: